Highly accomplished relationship manager with 20+ years of proven experience driving revenue growth through business development and strategic partnership management across multiple channels and verticals. Expert in developing profitable programs that capitalize on market opportunities, with a strong focus on retail, mobile, and e-Commerce channels. Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams to find innovative paths to reach business goals, creating audience focused communications, thinking strategically and creatively while ensuring flawless execution, and developing people. Holds MBA degree and a Bachelor of Science in Marketing.
Poly (formerly Plantronics) – Santa Cruz, CA and San Jose, CA (08/2017 to Present)
Global audio and video communications company that powers authentic human connection and collaboration for enterprises and consumers.
Senior Business Development Manager, Global Software
Promoted to lead the commercialization strategy to enable growth of the company’s worldwide software as a service (SaaS) business.
- Created and executed on a business plan that resulted in YOY increases in revenue bookings of 82% and active users by 244%.
- Collaborated with the Services team to launch the first monetized Professional service to consult on UC adoption best practices.
- Partner closely with Sales Managers, Sales Engineers and Solution Architects to share best practices and minimize any potential roadblocks for customer pipeline development and closing license deals all while ensuring customer loyalty and renewal.
- Manage and evaluate in-house and partner business and GTM models, operational strategy and execution processes in close partnership with the Sales and Marketing teams to support the software strategy.
- Lead key business initiatives such as executive business reviews, channel strategy, forecasting and pricing models.
- Manage the roadmap for business tools that include Salesforce and Oracle and a team that executes ordering processes.
- Work closely with key business leads from finance, legal, sales, channel, and marketing to minimize risk and maximize customer and partner opportunities.
Senior Business Development Marketing Manager, Plantronics Manager Pro APIs
Led partner integration and commercialization plans to grow the newly launched Plantronics Manager Pro SaaS business with solutions that provide valuable asset management and analytics for market leading Plantronics headsets.
- Launched the first API partnership with Nectar, an end-to-end diagnostics solution to troubleshoot call quality issues.
- Analyzed market data from Enterprise Unified Communications and Call Center segments to inform integration strategy.
- Worked with system integrators, managed service providers, and independent software vendor partners in key alliance ecosystems with software platforms like Microsoft and Genesys.
- Built go-to-market strategic plans with a path to revenue through common distributor and reseller channel partners.
- Led marketing launches for targeted partner integrations which included web, social media, public relations and sales training.
- Partnered closely with software product management, customer support, sales, corporate marketing, and executive management.
Paypal – San Jose, CA (5/2014 to 05/2017)
Digital payments leader enabling both consumers and businesses to send and receive payments globally with omnichannel technology.
Business Development Manager, PayPal Here SDK
Secured new business and managed current software Point of Sale partners that integrated in-person card payments. Targeted and consulted with new partners, negotiated contracts for iOS, Android, and Windows application integrations. Managed 20 small and large partnerships, grew new partnerships to multi-million dollar recurring payment revenue.
- Top performer and President’s Club Award Winner for signing new business and growing existing PayPal software partnerships.
- Optimized new partner launch plans and accelerate merchant onboarding for existing customers by partnering cross-functionally with PayPal Here Product, Technical, and Marketing to grow payment transactions in the partner solution.
- Developed business cases that analyzed key metrics with Finance, and negotiated deal terms with mobile software partners.
- Took the lead on streamlining SDK Program operations, including adding Salesforce functionality for onboarding partners and merchants, paying partner revenue share, managing pricing processes, and forecasting devices, which led to hiring and managing the team's Operations Manager.
Retail Business Development Manager, PayPal Here
Recruited to PayPal to secure new business and manage retail partners to merchandise the PayPal Here card reader in store and online. Partnered with retail marketing to optimize partner marketing ROI. Represented PayPal at numerous conferences, including Shop.org, Premiere Beauty, and Apple, and was an active member of the Women in Technology group as a mentor and a mentee.
- Grew the business across numerous channels of current retail partners, including flagship brands such as Staples and AT&T.
- Generated a $100K savings by negotiating and finalizing the 2015 Staples Marketing Contract, resulting in an agreement to review program ROI quarterly to determine marketing investment.
- Took the lead in the successful revitalization of the Office Depot partnership, including both in-store and e-Commerce channels.
- Managed the end-to-end product transition to the new PayPal Here reader with Staples, including leading communications and forecasting between operations and supply chain teams at both companies.
- Facilitated on-site training for Apple Sales Representatives to strengthen the relationship and drive revenue growth.
Hewlett Packard – Sunnyvale, CA (12/2007 to 4/2014)
Technology solutions provider of hardware, software, and services to consumers, businesses, and institutions globally.
Business Development - Worldwide Partner Manager, HP Printing and Personal Systems Group
Promoted to create business development opportunities and grow global relationships with worldwide consumer and commercial focused technology partners, including Google, Amazon, Netflix, Evernote, Intuit, and Box. Increased revenue by teaming with software partners worldwide to create a differentiated customer experience, and by advocating for partners across HP Consumer and Commercial groups for inclusion in Desktop PC, Laptop, Tablet, and Web touchpoints.
- Produced multi-million dollar revenue and product differentiation through Windows, Android, and Web software applications.
- Guided and managed the formation of a high-profile partnership between HP and Google associated with the worldwide launch of the HP Chromebook portfolio.
- Led HP Regional Partner Deployment Managers to create highly impactful marketing programs in the regions.
- Collaborated cross-functionally with HP Legal and Finance on partnership contracts, and managed those contracts throughout the complete partner lifecycle.
- Provided strategic oversight and guidance for business analysts to create monthly and quarterly business reviews to monitor partner performance and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Mentored, trained, and developed two colleagues on career development, resulting in promotions for each individual.
- Maximized ROI by hosting partner business reviews on partnership strategy, performance, and future prioritization.
Partner Deployment Manager, HP Personal Systems Group, Americas Region
Maximized HP revenue opportunities and customer experiences by partnering with Gaming and SMB software companies, including Intuit and Microsoft. Collaborated cross-functionally with various departments to ensure partnerships operated to HP's standards and business models.
- Drove multi-million dollar revenue streams and strong customer loyalty by creating high-impact marketing programs, and by sharing success stories across partnerships.
- Responsible for the creation of the department wide social media marketing strategy.
Channel Marketing Manager – HP Home and Home Office, Consumer Services
Managed a $25+ million P&L for HP Consumer Services Online, including care packs, installation, and consultative services. Led growth of services throughout the US and Canada for HP Consumer laptops, desktops, monitors, and printers.
- Created strategic marketing plans to grow revenue, including attaching through the web and call centers, and planning seasonal pricing promotions.
- Led numerous successful Consumer Services product launches, including installation services and House Call for laptops; developed, updated, and presented service-focused training for sales and customer service.
- Promoted HP Consumer Services by utilizing technology embedded in PC’s and social media platforms, such as Facebook.
FedEx Services – Collierville, TN (08/2005 to 11/2007)
International leader in providing businesses and consumers with logistics, e-commerce, and business services.
Sr. Marketing Specialist – Retail & eCommerce Industry Consultant (EC Marketing & Industry Marketing)
Subject Matter Expert (SME) for FedEx Retail & e-Commerce across store, internet, and catalog channels. Produced industry marketing plans including events, advertising, articles, research, customer consultations, and sales tools. Targeted key online influencers and managed relationships with associations, media, and academic personnel.
- Developed the marketing plans, budget, and execution strategy for the inaugural FedEx eCommerce industry segment targeting online retailers.
- Managed FedEx's participation at e-Commerce events such as Internet Retailer and Shop.org, and created the first-ever e-Commerce customer forums.
- Played a key role in supporting the design and launch of numerous websites, including Fedex.com/ecommerce and retail.fedex.com.
- Managed web and print advertising with Internet Retailer, MultiChannel Merchant, and Chain Store Age.
- Inaugural member of Shop.org’s membership committee and was a featured presenter at the 2007 Annual Summit event.
- Led a webinar presentation produced by MultiChannel Merchant which drew an online audience of over 300.
- Led collaboration with Texas A&M University’s Center for Retailing Studies which included student research, a speaker exchange, promotions, and a FedEx summer internship.
- Conducted Voice of the Customer (VOC) research for customer insight which influenced FedEx new product development.
- Top performer receiving numerous FedEx awards, including Quarterly Marketing Award, Rising Stars, Bravo Zulus, and Shining Star Award.
Nu-kote International – Franklin, TN (11/1999 to 08/2005)
International manufacturer and distributor of imaging supplies and largest cartridge recycler in the world.
Product Manager – Cartridge Recycling
Created, managed, and launched consumer-focused cartridge environmental and recycling products and programs. Executed marketing, communication, and promotional plans into retail, wholesale buying group, and international channels. Developed and implemented marketing tools to promote recycling with current customers and sales reps. Led cross-functional teams in marketing, purchasing, accounting, IT, and operations to drive process improvements.
- Directed a successful $500K cartridge recycling project that launched innovative recycling bins to 800+ Office Depot locations in the US, resulting in a 300% YOY unit increase.
- Improved recycling efforts 115% YOY for Wal-Mart ink jet cartridges by personally traveling on-site to 35 high and low performing stores.
- Implemented European recycling programs including conducting market research and negotiating logistics contracts.
- Led the university internship program, where I supervised interns from Middle Tennessee State University and Vanderbilt University.
Education & Professional DevelopmentMarketing Management Certificate, Digital Marketing UCSC Silicon Valley Extension - Santa Clara, CA - Overall GPA: 4.00/4.00
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Middle Tennessee State University - Murfreesboro, TN - Overall GPA: 3.83/4.00
Bachelor of Science in Business (Area in Marketing) Murray State University - Murray, KY - Overall GPA: 3.65/4.00
Honors Outstanding Senior in Marketing, Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society, and Dean’s List.
Professional Certified Marketer - American Marketing Association (AMA); Competent Communicator Award - Toastmasters; MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project, Frontpage, Explorer, Sharepoint), Salesforce, Oracle, Slack, Box, Adobe CS4 Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash), JD Edwards ERP (AS/400, GUI), Peoplesoft, Ariba, Visio, Windows, iOS, Android.